The content we show visitors in an online store, blog or any website is one of the main attractions for the user. The quality and usefulness of it are some of the most urgent demands of consumers in the digital space.
The product or service you offer to your customers is clearly your main focus as an entrepreneur. However, to attract the highest number of visitors to your website and thus increase your sales, you should pay special attention to the content you offer on your digital platforms.
That’s precisely what content marketing is all about, a strategy that allows you to gain visitors, make your business visible, get quality customers, position yourself in search engines and much more.
Contenido del artículo
What is content marketing?
As its name suggests, content marketing is a set of strategies aimed at creating quality content of interest to users. On the one hand, it attracts potential customers who are interested in what you offer and on the other hand, it gives you the opportunity to appear in search engines with a good SEO strategy.
To do this, it is necessary to properly define your target population, as well as to segment it into the different groups that make it up. In this way, you will discover what are the interests, needs and forms of communication of your buyer persona.
Content marketing is a process that interferes in all stages of the user’s buying cycle; from the moment they see your brand until they buy your products. That’s why it is necessary to take care of every detail and keep your content updated.
SEO content marketing for eCommerce
Surely you have ever been afraid to buy a product in an online store for fear of what you can get. This usually happens when you don’t have enough information about the product, its features, how to use it, functions, among others.
All this content should be available to the user in order to help him in his buying process. In this way, they can make a better decision and be sure of the products or services they purchase.
On the other hand, you need to create content for each stage of the buying cycle of consumers. For example, with articles and blog posts you can highlight the importance of keeping pets healthy and strong, a goal that is possible thanks to the vitamins for dogs and cats that you offer in your online store.
It’s all about creating useful content with language that is appropriate for your target audience and that is tailored to their needs and interests.
Many only focus on creating content for the blog or an ebook; however, from product descriptions to the explanatory text of the categories must be present in the content marketing strategy.
In this sense the product description is essential, not only to convince your potential customer, but also to position yourself in search engines according to your industry. That’s why all content must be optimized for SEO.
Benefits of SEO content marketing
There are many advantages that content marketing offers to achieve excellent positioning and sales results. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy if you use this strategy in your online business.
- Improves web positioning: The algorithm used by search engines gives a lot of importance to the contents of web pages in order to position them. Hence the importance of keeping them updated to not lose the place obtained in the ranking.
- Attract more traffic: A proper positioning will make you much more visible as a company, which results in an increase in the number of visits to the web. In this sense, as important is the positioning in search engines, as the promotion of content on social networks, forums and other platforms where your business can be visible to your target oblation.
- Increased number of customers: Increased visits likewise generates greater chances of them becoming loyal customers of your business
- Increased trust and reputation: SEO content marketing for eCommerce helps it to be better valued not only by Google’s algorithm, but also by users. This generates greater trust in the product, which means a higher reputation for your company.
- It differentiates you competitively: Offering quality content and of interest to your users makes you stand out from other businesses that may not pay too much attention to the content they offer or that do it in a different way than what you propose.
- Build customer loyalty: As you generate updated quality content, you will not only get new customers, but you will also gain the loyalty of your regular customers, making you the favorite in your industry by users.
These are just some of the benefits of content marketing in eCommerce, a way to create a community of users who see your company as a source of knowledge and information, as well as a platform to meet their needs.
How to do content marketing for eCommerce?
In this section we offer you some keys and basic principles of content marketing in an eCommerce. Discover everything you need to do for a successful strategy.
Pay attention to product descriptions
Remember that a lack of information translates into a lack of credibility and distrust for the user. Therefore, the descriptions of the products or services you offer in your online business must be well detailed and optimized for SEO.
Create interesting and attractive texts without losing focus, since it is a product description. Use the keywords that will position you properly in your niche market.
Don’t forget to specify the weight, sizes (if it’s clothing), available colors, as well as other important information for the customer.
Attractive and quality images
The visual aspect is extremely important for the consumer. Especially if you are selling a product, it is vital for the customer to know what it looks like, what colors are available, among other things.
Many eCommerce have exploited the visual appeal by creating descriptive videos adding value to the business. This type of content generates more engagment for the current user, so it can be an excellent format to promote your products.
Create a blog
One of the most important formats in content marketing are blogs. It allows you to create useful content for the different stages of the user’s buying cycle, SEO strategy, attracting traffic and much more.
Following the example given above: If you have a pet store, creating content related to the care, hygiene and health of these can be useful for the user who is interested in this topic.
The last step would be to promote all this content on your social networks to make it visible to a wider audience.
It is demonstrated that content marketing for eCommerce is the ultimate solution to achieve success in your online business. Become number 1 in your niche market by offering your target audience useful content and information of interest to them.